Wednesday, December 20, 2006
My good friend, and great SF drummer, Charlie Stockley needs all your prayers and positive thoughts. Charlie is on life support at Stanford Hospital due to complications of Cystic Fibrosis. Charlie is number one on the national organ transplant list for lungs - which he needs to receive soon in order to survive. Charlie is truly an amazing musician and friend. I’ve been playing with Charlie for many years now in various groups… For those present at The Bordes-a-palooza Wedding, Charlie was playing drums with the great blues band Mad Dog Toor. When meeting Charlie for the first time, you are struck by his sincerity and his honest smile.
Today, I signed up with the Donate Life California Organ & Tissue Registry. On their website, they state over 18,000 Californians are currently waiting for an organ transplant (nearly 20% of those waiting nationwide). “Tragically, one third of them will die waiting.” Now… that’s a lot of motivation right there.
December is the month of giving. I’d like to encourage everyone to make sure they are registered to show it's important to them that others are given the opportunity to live a full and productive life. Charlie's friends and family would greatly appreciate you getting the word out in anyway you can, as soon as you can. Here are a few things to do:
1. Take 3 minutes to sign up online to be a donor (by state). In California go to www.donatelifecalifornia.org. Other states, go www.donatelife.net
2. When you sign up online, notify friends and family via email
3. Tell your family members that you have decided to become a donor so they will understand your decision and support it.
4. Say yes to donation on your driver's license
5. If tragedy should strike someone you know, please think of Charlie, and hundreds of people like him waiting for an organ, and encourage them to give the gift of life
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
So... we all went to the Nile Canyon Railway to see and ride the Holiday Train of Lights!
Though the knocking and shaking of the train rocked Kyle to sleep, Jonah was so excited! I see more train trips in our future...
Well... we are slowly adjusting to having 2 little ones! Who knew that meant double the work? Tarrina and Kyle are both doing great and Jonah is excited to be the big brother. Jonah has been a great help around the house and he loves to cuddle with Kyle.
We'd like to thank everyone for their emails, calls, and gifts. We appreciate all the love - and Kyle looks forward to meeting everyone!